Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Hoglo's

Today we went to lunch at the Hoglo's house - they are a family from our church and they have two boys, named Wyatt and Lukas. I was getting a drink in the kitchen and Lukas (6) comes up to me and says, "I don't remember learning your name?"
I have been really sick the past couple of days and I didn't really have my voice, and I almost whispered, "lissy". He looked at me and said, "Ohhhhh!! I'm soooo sorry, is your voice changing?" Then he just ran off but I thought it was funny.
Wyatt is 8, and he and the twins were wrestling and running up and down the stairs the whole time that they weren't either eating or playing clue jr..... the twins are half boy, or would like to be at least. I think that I would be scared to find out what happened to them if they ever wore pink without being told. When we were eating, I heard Wyatt tell them his worst nightmare.
"MY worst nightmare was when Andy Griffith was killed by the creature of the black lagoon!" It was so funny, they are geniuses.

Today I was helping Eric with the 3 year old during 3rd service. That was definitely a technique that I had never seen used on children. But after all, he's a guy teaching 15 three-year-olds by himself. He sat them down for about 5 minutes trying to give them a story and I wanted to spank them all! When he gave up on that, I helped him get them all at the table and get ready for craft. This one little girl named Mikayla noticed that I was kinda sick and told me, "Oh! you must be sick. How would you like it if I give you a prettier name than the one you already have, and you can even help me make a get well card for my teddy bear who is sick?" ummm.....okay? She told that my "new and prettier name" was going to be Cinderella and that I had to deal with that even if I didn't want it. When we were finished making her card, I asked how she spelled her name and she just shrugged and said, "M-y-l-a?"

No comments: